If you're thinking of moving to Spain, take note of these tips:
Have you decided to move to Spain and are you already organising all the preparations?
Like all countries, Spain has some customs and curiosities that we think you should know about before move to Madrid, Barcelonaor any part of the national territory to make it easier for you to adapt to the Spanish way of life. So, here is a list of the 7 things that best define Spanish culture:
1. We have a late lunch and dinnerIn Spain, unlike our neighbouring countries, we are used to having our meals between 2 and 3 p.m. and our dinners between 9 and 10 p.m. This timetable is usually delayed in summer, when we love to enjoy the good weather and the open air. This timetable tends to be delayed in summer, a season when we love to enjoy the good weather and the open air. Especially when we are on holiday.
2. We speak Spanish and whatever comes upSpanish is the third most spoken language in the world. And, although English is still difficult for more than one person, we can assure you that we will try to speak your language or at least adapt it, but we will always manage to understand each other! We Spaniards are very welcoming people.
3. We like traditional festivalsFor many years, the working calendar has included various national and regional holidays. In addition to these official dates and depending on the area, there are local fairs and festivities such as the Feria de Sevilla, the Fallas in Valencia, San Fermín in Pamplona or the Tomatina in Buñol. All of them are very characteristic of Spanish folklore and are well worth getting to know.
4. Spain has the highest number of pubs per inhabitant in EuropeIn our country it is very common to use a bar or restaurant for almost any occasion. A business lunch, a date, a meeting with old friends... The wide range of these types of places means that there are bars and restaurants to suit all tastes.
5. Football is the national sportThe talent of the Spanish teams is recognised both nationally and internationally. And in general, the country is very supporter of the sport. For example, a match between Real Madrid and F.C. Barcelona can almost bring the whole country to a standstill.
6. We take a napWe have a reputation for taking naps. It's true, we love that little snooze after lunch. But be careful, when we have to work, we don't do it in Spain. Duty calls us and we are also very hard workers.
7. Excellent gastronomyOne of the most remarkable things about Spain is the good habits we have when it comes to food: A good meal is a good way to eat. tapas with a cool beer or a glass of wine on a terrace, eating a plate of cocido madrileño or paella valenciana on a Sunday or enjoying a bocata de calamares or a ración de tortilla española (Spanish omelette) in company. We Spaniards have a fine palate and foreigners always praise our traditional dishes.
This list could be much longer, but the message that we are trying to share from GIL STAUFFERThe fact is that, as difficult as it may be to move to another country, in the case of Spain, good habits work in our favour. So, we can affirm that, if you are thinking of moving to another country, moving to Spain may be a suitable alternative..
What is the importance of having a specialised removal service?
To have a specialised removal service is of utmost importance for several reasons. Here are some of the main reasons and then I will go into more detail about the importance of storage services and how to analyse a budget for this type of service:
Importance of a specialised removal service
- Experience and knowledge: Specialised moving companies have trained and experienced staff to handle fragile, heavy and bulky objects. This significantly reduces the risk of damage during the moving process to Sevillafor example.
- Appropriate packaging: These companies know how to pack items safely and efficiently to avoid breakage or damage during transport. They use suitable packaging materialss for each type of item.
- Equipment and tools: Moving companies have the necessary equipment to move and transport heavy furniture and delicate objects safely. This includes tools such as dollies, forklifts and protective equipment.
- Efficiency and time: Skilled professional movers can do the job efficiently, reducing the time it would take to do the move on your own.
- Insurance and liability: Many moving companies offer insurance that covers damage during the moving process. This provides peace of mind in the event of an incident.
- Stress reduction: Moving can be stressful, but with a specialised service, much of the heavy and complicated work is left to professionals, which significantly reduces the associated stress.
Importance of the furniture storage service
A furniture storage service is important in situations where you cannot move all your items to your new home immediately. Some reasons to use a furniture repository are:
- Date slippage: If there is a period between moving out of your old home and moving into your new one, you will need a safe place to store your belongings.
- Renovations or refurbishments: If you are renovating your new home, it may be necessary to store your items temporarily to avoid damage.
- Limited space: If your new home has less storage space than you need, a furniture repository provides a temporary solution.
- Long distance removals: For international or long-distance moves, a furniture repository can be useful for storing your belongings until you are settled.
How to analyse a removal or storage estimate
- Size of the space: Make sure that the space provided is sufficient to store all your items comfortably.
- Duration: Consider how long you will need the service and check if the budget fits that duration.
- Security: Ask about the security measures offered by the service, such as surveillance cameras, restricted access and alarms.
- Location: The location of the furniture repository is important for easy access to your belongings when needed.
- Storage conditions: Make sure the space provides adequate conditions for storage, such as humidity and temperature control.
- Total cost: In addition to the cost basis, check if there are additional charges for insurance, handling of objects or frequent access.
- Company reputation: Research the reputation and reviews of the storage company to make sure they are reliable.
- Insurance: Ask if the service includes insurance for your belongings and what kind of coverage it offers.
Having a specialised removal service is essential to ensure a safe and efficient moving process. In the case of a furniture repository, carefully analysing the budget and the conditions offered will help you make an informed decision and ensure that your belongings are in safe hands during the storage period.
Let us take care of your international removals and worry only about enjoying all the good things that await you.