International moving price: Everything you need to know about international moving prices
7/3/2022- If you have an international move to make, we can imagine you are anxious to find prices that fit your budget, and you will understandably be researching possible costs in many places, as it is certainly important to consider how much an international move might cost to get an idea of the budget for a global life change. In the end, it's all about moving across borders with your home in tow.
In this respect, there are plenty of websites which reflect scales in somewhat undefined ranges, well, obviously, the price of a removal can never be fixed a priori. Even more so when it comes to international relocation, since There are many aspects involved that need to be unravelled before a firm price can be agreed upon.. However, we would only dare to say that an international removal can cost between 800 and 30,000 euros as a general rule of thumb, given that it is impossible to specify the final cost of something that depends on so many variables. The world is very wide, each destination is different and each international service involves a multitude of different parameters. So, before the price of the moveIn addition to the above, it is useful to take into account other criteria.
Where to start when moving internationally?
If you have to make a international removals and you don't know where to start, take note of these indications. We guide you through the whole process.
First steps: Recommendations for starting an international move
From our many years of experience, we have put together some tips that will be very useful during an international relocation:
- Peace of mindMoving house is always a change of life, and this is even more so in the case of women. international removals. There are many details to contemplate, but if you perceive the positive changeIt will be very beneficial for you and for those around you. Take it easy and enjoy the change, as it can turn into a beautiful adventure.
- OrderPrepare a list of pending actions and cross them off as tasks are completed.
- CleaningBefore moving house, take the opportunity to get rid of your unwanted belongings. You can make gifts, donations, sell some objects, etc.
- Confidence and time management: Request a quote for your international move as far in advance as possible and entrust the move to a professional company.They will guide you so that the process will be much easier and you will not miss any detail. Bear in mind that you will be putting your belongings in the hands of third parties and that an international move involves links such as shipping companies, ports, etc., so the process should be well planned by experts.
- Transfer optionsInternational removals can be transported by land, sea or air. However, it is more common for them to travel in a containereither in the form of combined transport or groupage (cheaper, but no delivery date, or exclusive transport (your move will travel with a delivery date, although the price will be higher due to its exclusivity). If you want more information, in this article we explain in depth the differences between exclusive removal and combined removal.
- Practical adviceRead or print our tips for international removals
- InformationBe sure to ask the commercial agents who will manage your international moving service any questions you may have at any time during the process.
- At the destination addressDecorate your new home with enthusiasm and enjoy your neighbourhood, explore the area to find shops, gyms or places of interest. get to know your neighbours, but above all, be happy in your new home.
Finally, if you are moving to another country, we recommend that you consult information about your destination. You can check the official websites of chambers of commerce, embassies or even the website of the World Tourism Organisation.
What are the requirements of a good international moving company?
We all know that the Internet has greatly liberalised information and we have an infinite library at our fingertips where we can find all kinds of information. But it also turns out that advertising on this medium is very affordable and there are millions of companies that advertise. Specifically, for removals abroad, thousands of results appear in which entities with, on occasions, perhaps little business substance at possibly attractive prices are advertised. Also, in times of crisis, the typical flyers on the windscreens of parked cars and lampposts in city neighbourhoods tend to proliferate. But should we trust these advertisements? The answer is left to the discretion of each user, although sometimes the advertisers could be entities of dubious credibility, and it should be borne in mind that we are going to put our belongings in the hands of third parties to cross borders.
Therefore, the first requirement for a international moving company a good option is a company that is legal, transparent and with a clear and professional activity in the removals sector, with experience in this type of international removals, as international removals require special logistics depending on the individual case.
How to select a good company for an international relocation?
If we want to hire a company that offers international removals services and carry out our move in an appropriate manner, we can carry out the following actions:
- Thinking that what is going to move is our belongings. Depending on how we value our belongings, we will protect them by looking to a professional removal company that meets minimum requirements to avoid unnecessary incidents.
- A good option is to search for recommendations of people known to have made successful international removals. In this regard, it should be noted that Gil Stauffer has carried out thousands of international removals over many decades and is the most highly recommended company for its experience.
- If you wish, you can, however, request several quotes so that you can compare. But a company with a long track record will always offer greater safeguards and will be more reliable.
- Check the fleet of vehicles of the recommended moving companies and whether they have furniture lifting services and trucks suitable for the removal. specific removal service. Ask if they have their own storage facilities, as sometimes it is necessary to use this service and the prices will not be the same if the removal company has to subcontract it.
- A good removal company will offer a quotation as a way of contract which will be printed with the official logo and include the contracted terms for the move. Invoices and official documents with details of the location and a contact telephone number shall also be provided, all of which will support the handling of the move.
- Likewise, any removal company, no matter how low quality it may be, will have insurance policies. It is very important to know what to expect in the event of an incident.
- In addition, whether a company is professionalOn the day of the removal, both at origin and destination, the staff will arrive punctually, wearing a corporate uniform, with labelled vehicles and packaging also printed with the brand identity.
- A good moving company take care of the customer from the first contact. The first call, the first email or message will be taken care of with the utmost attention and the whole moving process will be carried out with total dedication.
How is the price of an international move constructed?
Obviously, there are several factors that influence the price of an international move.
The first thing to know is
- That every move is different:
Undoubtedly, each home has different characteristics in terms of volume, type of goods, access, origin and destination. All this influences the price of each removal.
- That time management is particularly important in an international move.:
The sooner you start to manage your move, the better and more precisely all aspects can be defined, avoiding possible incidents in the execution.
- That a move is a change of the contents of a home:
Therefore, because we are going to move our belongings, it is advisable to use a reputable company to minimise risk and manage it efficiently.
What factors are involved in the price of an international move?
- One of the most important aspects is the volume of the removal expressed in m³.. It is essential that this calculation is carried out by a professional technician in order to be as accurate as possible and should take into account the belongings in all rooms, including attics of wardrobes, storage rooms, attics and/or garages containing material to be moved, as well as any furniture that requires special assembly and disassembly or special characteristics (pianos, safes, large pieces of glued furniture, etc.).
- The accesses to the addresses of origin and destination in each countryIf there are lifts, forklifts, if there are streets with parking difficulties for trucks, if there are ramps, if it is necessary to use forklifts, if it is necessary to apply for parking permits, etc.
- The distance between the two addressesThe circumstances of each country are different, and an international removal for export is not the same as an international removal for import. It is also sometimes necessary to rent a furniture repository.
- The type of packagingThe packaging methods used are not the same for all companies. There are cardboard boxes of different sizes, wooden boxes made to measure for specific objects, bubble wrap, paper, paper, etc. manila, paper reamconventional cloth blankets, cardboard dividers, plastic crates, etc. And, depending on the items to be moved and the type of removal, different materials will have to be used to protect each object properly. Obviously, international removals require special preparation of the furniture and belongings for their transfer.
- The personnel and technical resources required to carry out the removal in the conditions and time required, which, depending on the above, will be assigned to each specific service, both at origin and destination.
- The insurance The options offered are not all the same, nor do they all have the same coverage.
Taking into account all of the above, it is important to ask about any questions that may arise before proceeding with the international move, since, as we have already mentioned, there may be specific peculiarities of each move.
So what is the price of an international move?
Generally speaking, the price of a removal It always seems expensive, but anyone who has ever made a move themselves will know that this is not the case. It is a lot of physical work and, if not well organised, can be exhausting. Moreover, when it comes to international relocation, there are aspects that should not be overlooked. This is why it is it is preferable to hire a moving company that has the experience and the appropriate means.. Some customers, in order to lower the budget, propose to make the packing or part of it previously, so that only hire the transport of furniture and boxes already packed. This should be stated in the estimate previously issued, as well as the exoneration of responsibility for the content of those boxes not packed by the removal company.
But focusing on one international removalsIt must be borne in mind that logistics must be very well planned, as external agents such as shipping companies, port handling, customs and other details that must be very well tied up, and it must be taken into account that, depending on the origin of the removal, the cost will also vary.
However, in order to exemplify this, if we take as an example a international removal from MadridIn the first place, it is important to know that we are talking about a big city which, in addition, has many streets of different widths and characteristics, with sometimes narrow accesses or with difficulties to park trucks near the address and, in many occasions it is necessary to ask for official permits for loading. All of this will also be considered in the estimate issued for removals with home address in Madrid, as well as aspects relating to the delivery in the country of destination.
Gil Stauffer is a moving company that was founded in 1905. when a small furniture repository was opened. More than a century of experience has made it the most prestigious removal company and the one most recommended by users and, although it has a reputation for offering high prices, it is not a justified reputation, as its prices are fair market prices and which are offered in all honesty. Following these assertions, we can raise some indicative rates for international removals from Madrid which we mention briefly below, expressing ourselves in terms of cubic capacity at containersThis is the usual way of sending international removals:
- 20-foot container (34 m³ cubic capacity) - Guide price: 1.990 €.
- 30-foot container (50 m³ cubic capacity) - Guide price: 2.990 €.
- 40-foot container (70 m³ cubic capacity) - Guide price: 3.990 €.
Other examples could be:
- International removals within the European Union: €3,500
- International intercontinental move: 6.000 €.
- International move to UK destination: €4,500
- Removals to Germany: 100 - 4.400€.
- Removals to Belgium: 300 - 3.200€.
- Prices for removals Italy: 2.800 - 3.800€.
- Moving to France: 2.000 - 2.800€.
- Removals to Portugal: 1.200 - 1.800€.
- Removals to Switzerland: 2.300 -3.200€.
However, as mentioned above, there are two options for international shipments: Exclusive move or combined move and prices will also vary depending on the transport option you choose..
In any case, all factors influencing the price must always be taken into account. In particular, the origin, the cubic capacity and the type of transport. In other words, we reiterate that prices quoted are for guidance onlyA serious company will always see the material to be moved before making a specific offer for each removal and will reflect this in the estimate. official quotation all details of the international relocation.
What does it take to move to another country?
In terms of documentation and official permissions for international removals There are a few requirements that need to be met. But don't worry, Gil Stauffer will be happy to advise you and help you with the necessary:
- Request, on a case-by-case basis, the permits All these permits have deadlines for applying for them, and the removal company takes care of these formalities once it knows the details of the move. For this reason, at Gil Stauffer we recommend requesting the estimate as far in advance as possible.
- The customer must provide for international transfer:
- Valid ID card or passport.
- Authorisation for customs clearance, authorising the company to process customs documentation.
- Declaration of value: The customer must declare the value of what he is transferring for the corresponding tax settlement according to this declaration.
- Historical certificate of registration and registration at origin and destination.
- In the case of moving vehicles, the technical data sheet and the vehicle registration certificate must be provided.
What is the experience of living abroad like?
As we have already mentioned, we have provided thousands of services for clients who have moved internationally with us. From their testimonials and arguments, we can offer you some key points.
If you change country for professional reasonsIf you're looking for a good deal, your conditions are sure to be very good, so enjoy it to the full and make the most of your circumstances. We can recommend that you take a look at this post in which we present tips for moving to another country for work. You're sure to like it.
If the choice to move is a personal one and you need guidance on how to settle professionally in another country, we also have a text with recommendations for you that we have entitled "Tips for happiness abroad".
In any case, it is sure to be an unforgettable experience. If you need a moving company to carry out your international relocationdo not hesitate to contact Gil Stauffer. We will help you through the whole process.
The experience of a leading company
Gil Stauffer is a company that was founded in 1905 and has, since the 1950s, had branches in the main Spanish citieseven in the Balearic Islands y Canary Islands. We carry out removals from Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Valencia, Málaga, Alicante, Zaragoza, Mallorca, Las Palmas, Tenerife, Bilbao, La Coruña or any other point in Spain. Spain to any international destination. Both on the basis of importas of exportWe have carried out thousands of removals through our company. network of correspondentsOur international removals, which are located in other countries, have been previously audited by the official associations of international removals. Whatever the route, we carry out international removals with the necessary quality and efficiency.
Therefore, if you need to make a international removals from Madrid or from anywhere else in the world, do not hesitate to contact Gil Stauffer for request a quote. The estimates we issue are free and without obligation. Our attitude has always been to help our clients and offer the best service in removals and/or furniture storage services. We will accompany you throughout the process.