The experience of a leading company
Gil Stauffer has branches in the Canary Islands Many of our clients live in this beautiful Spanish archipelago. We also carry out removals from Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Valencia and any other point of the Spanish archipelago. mainland Spain to the Canary IslandsWe have installations in the main Spanish cities, including Las Palmas and Tenerife and the Balearic Islands.
We have also carried out thousands of removals to the following destinations Canary Islands with international origin through the best correspondents in other countries, which have been previously audited by the official associations of international removals. Whatever the origin, we carry out relocations to the Canary Islands with the necessary quality and efficiency.
Request a quote for your move to the Canary Islands
How to make a move to the Canary Islands?
From our many years of experience, we have put together some tips that will be very useful if you have to make a move to the Canary Islands:
- Peace of mindMoving is always a change of life and there are many details to take care of, but if you perceive it in a positive way, it will be very beneficial for you and for those around you. Take it easy and enjoy the change.
- OrderPrepare a list of pending actions and cross them off as tasks are completed.
- CleaningBefore moving house, take the opportunity to get rid of your unwanted belongings. You can make gifts, donations, sell some objects, etc.
- Confidence and time managementRequest an estimate for your move to the Canary Islands as far in advance as possible and entrust your move to a professional company, as they will guide you so that the process will be much easier and you will not miss any detail. Bear in mind that you will be putting your belongings in the hands of third parties and that a move to the Canary Islands involves links such as shipping companies, ports, customs, etc., so the process should be well planned by experts.
- Transfer optionsRemovals to the Canary Islands are usually offered in two ways: A cheaper one called combined transportbut where no specific delivery date is assured, and another which is the exclusive transportwhere your move will travel with a fixed delivery date, but the price will be higher due to its exclusivity. If you would like more information, in this article we explain in depth the differences between .
- Practical adviceRead or print our tips for island removalsThey will surely be of great help to you. If you are moving internationally to the Canary Islands, please check our tips for international removals.
- InformationDon't forget to ask the sales agents who will manage your removal service to the Balearic Islands any questions you may have at any time during the process.
- At the destination addressDecorate your new home with enthusiasm and enjoy your neighbourhood, explore the area to find shops, gyms or places of interest. get to know your neighbours, but above all, be happy in your new home.
If you're moving to the Canary Islands, be sure to visit the Canary Islands Government websiteIt contains a lot of information that could help you in your new life. On the same website there is a link to the page Canary Islands Tourism where you can consult any aspect related to tourism in the islands.
What is the Canary Islands like to live in?
The Canary Islands They form a beautiful archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean off the northwest coast of Africa, off the south of Morocco. Its seven islands make up the autonomous community of the Canary Islands. El Hierro, La Gomera, La Palma and Tenerife make up the province of Tenerife, while Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria make up the province of Las Palmas. With 2,176,000 inhabitants, these islands offer a fantastic quality of life.
Some particularities of the Canary Islands are:
- ClimateFor those who love good weather, the Canaries are a paradise, as these islands have a subtropical oceanic climate, which makes them a real paradise all year round.
- Peace of mindThis archipelago is also an oasis of tranquillity, because it is calm and the Canarians have a very calm character.
- TimetableThe geographical location of the island means that life is in a different time zone. It is far enough to the west to have one hour less than on the mainland.
- TourismThere are several beautiful natural parks not to be missed and many beaches, both white and black sand due to the volcanic nature of the islands. There is plenty to visit.
But if you want to more details about the Canary Islandswe recommend you to read our post: https://www.gil-stauffer.com/articulos/mudarse-a-canarias-5-razones-por-las-que-trasladarse-a-las-islas-canarias/
If you need a removal company for your removal in the Canary Islandsdo not hesitate to contact Gil Stauffer. We will help you through the whole process.
However, we offer you the following more information about removals to the Canary Islands that you are sure to be interested in.
What are the requirements of a good removal company in the Canary Islands?
We all know that the Internet has greatly liberalised information and we have an infinite library at our fingertips where we can find all kinds of information. But it also turns out that advertising on this medium is very affordable and there are millions of companies that advertise. Specifically, for removals to the Balearic Islands appear thousands of results in which entities are advertised with, sometimes, perhaps little business substance at prices certainly cheap.
Also, in times of crisis, there is a proliferation of flyers on the windscreens of parked cars and lampposts in city neighbourhoods. But should we trust these advertisements? The answer is left to each user to decide, but the truth is that the advertisers could be entities of dubious credibility and we have to bear in mind that we are going to we are going to put our belongings in the hands of third parties.
Therefore, the first requirement for a removal company to the Canary Islands a good option is a company that is legal, transparent and with a clear and professional activity in the removals sector, with experience in this type of trips to the islands, as removals to the islands entail specific and special logistics.
How to select a good company to make a move to the Canary Islands?
If we wish to hire a company that offers removal service to the Canary Islands If you want us to carry out our removal in a professional and appropriate manner, we can carry out the following actions:
- Apply reason and think that it is our belongings that are going to be moved. Depending on how we value our belongings, we will protect them by looking to a professional removal company that meets minimum requirements to avoid unnecessary problems.
- A good option is to search for recommendations of known people who have carried out removals to the Canary Islands with satisfactory results. Gil Stauffer has carried out thousands of removals to the Canary Islands over many years, so it is the most recommended company given its experience.
- If you wish, you can, however, request several quotes to be able to compare, checking how long the removal companies in question have been in operation, as a company with a long history will always offer a greater guarantee and be more reliable.
- Check the fleet of vehicles of the recommended moving companies and whether they have furniture lifting services and trucks suitable for the removal. specific removal service. Ask if they have their own storage facilities in the Canary Islands, as there are many cases in which it is necessary to use this service and the prices will not be the same if the removal company has to subcontract it.
- A good removal company will offer a quotation as a way of contract which will be printed with the official logo and include the contracted terms for the move. Invoices and official documents with details of the location and a contact telephone number shall also be provided, all of which will support the handling of the move.
- Likewise, any removal company, no matter how low quality it may be, will have insurance policies. It is very important to know what to expect in the event of an incident.
- In addition, whether a company is professionalOn the day of the removal, both at origin and destination, the staff will arrive punctually, wearing a corporate uniform, with labelled vehicles and packaging also printed with the brand identity.
- A good moving company take care of the customer from the first contact. The first call, the first e-mail or message will be attended to with the utmost attention and the whole moving process will be carried out with total dedication.
As mentioned above, Gil Stauffer is a company that was founded in 1905 with the establishment of branches in the main Spanish cities in the 1950s, including installations at Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Santa Cruz of Tenerife. So, we know well how to deal with a move to the Canary Islandswhether your move is national or international. Your move will be carried out under the umbrella of a solid brand and expert in removals to the Balearic Islands.
What is needed to make a transfer to the Canary Islands?
In terms of documentation and official permissions for moving to the Canary Islands There are a few requirements that need to be met. But don't worry, Gil Stauffer will be happy to advise you and help you with the necessary:
- Request, on a case-by-case basis, the permits All these permits have deadlines for applying for them, and the removal company takes care of these formalities once it knows the details of the move. For this reason, at Gil Stauffer we recommend requesting the estimate as far in advance as possible.
- The customer must provide for their move to the Canary Islands:
- Valid DNI
- Authorisation for customs clearance, authorising the company to process customs documentation.
- Declaration of value: The customer must declare the value of what he is transferring for the corresponding tax settlement according to this declaration.
- Historical certificate of census and registration (on the mainland and in the Canary Islands).
- In the case of moving vehicles, the technical data sheet and the vehicle registration certificate must be provided.
Particularities of removals to the Canary Islands
- InsularityTransport to an island is logistically more complicated than in other national removals, as there is usually one route by road and another by ship. The truck will therefore have to go to a port to load the container carrying the goods.
- DatesThe date of departure of the container from the port is not closed until the containers are full. A container can carry goods for several customers and this is called combined transport. But there are also cases of customers who use a complete container and this is called exclusive transport.
- TaxesCanary Islands: The Canary Islands have a different tax regime. The tax equivalent to VAT in the Canary Islands is known as IGIC Canario (Impuesto General Indirecto Canario), a 7 % and performs the same function as VAT (21%) but in the Islands.
- Customs: A move to the Canary Islands involves an import where you have to go through customs and pay the corresponding taxes. If a car is included in the move, the necessary documentation (technical data sheet and vehicle registration certificate) must be presented in order to clear the car. However, a move to the Canary Islands may be exempt from paying the import tax when the user proves that he/she has been registered outside the Canary Islands for more than one year and that he/she returns by registering at the new address (providing a certificate of historical registration and a registration certificate). new to the islands). This way it is considered as a removal and not as an import. Many users believe that if they are already Canarian residents they benefit from this and it is just the opposite.
How much does it cost to move to the Canary Islands?
Obviously, there are several factors that influence the price of a move to the Canary Islands.
The first thing to know is:
- Every move is different:
Undoubtedly, each home has different characteristics in terms of volume, type of goods, access, origin and destination. All this influences the price of each removal.
- Time management is very important:
The sooner you start to manage your move, the better and more precisely all aspects can be defined, avoiding possible incidents in the execution.
- That a move is a change of the contents of a home:
Therefore, because we are moving a lifetime's worth of belongings, it is advisable to use a reputable company to minimise risk and manage it effectively.
What factors should be taken into account when calculating the price of a removal?
- The most important factor is the volume of the removal expressed in m³.. It is essential that this calculation is carried out by a professional technician in order to be as accurate as possible and should take into account the belongings in all rooms, including attics of wardrobes, storage rooms, attics and/or garages containing material to be moved, as well as any furniture that requires special assembly and disassembly or special characteristics (pianos, safes, large pieces of glued furniture, etc.).
- The accesses of origin and destination addressesIf there are lifts, forklifts, if there are streets with parking difficulties for trucks, if there are ramps, if it is necessary to use forklifts, if it is necessary to apply for parking permits, etc.
- The distance between the two addressesA local move in Valencia is not the same as a move between distant towns, or interprovincial, island or international, or one that involves storage in a furniture repository.
- The type of packagingThe packaging methods used are not the same for all companies. There are cardboard boxes of different sizes, wooden boxes made to measure for specific objects, bubble wrap, manila paper, ream paper, conventional cloth blankets, cardboard dividers, plastic boxes, etc. And, depending on the items to be moved and the type of removal, different materials will have to be used to protect each object properly. Removals to the Canary Islands require special preparation of the furniture and belongings for the move.
- The personnel and technical resources required to carry out the removal in the conditions and time required, which, depending on the above, will be assigned to each specific service, both at origin and destination.
- The insurance The options offered are not all the same, nor do they all have the same coverage.
Taking into account all of the above, it is important to ask specialists about any doubts that may arise before proceeding with the move to the Balearic Islands, as we have already mentioned, every home is different and there are always specific peculiarities that may arise in each removal.
So what is the price of a move to the Canary Islands?
Generally speaking, the price of a removal It always seems expensive, but anyone who has ever made a move on their own will know that this is not the case, as it is a lot of physical work and, if not well organised, can be exhausting. That is why it is it is preferable to hire a moving company that has the experience and the appropriate means..
. Some customers, in order to lower the budget, propose to make the packing or part of it previously, so that only hire the transport of furniture and boxes already packed. This should be stated in the estimate previously issued, as well as the exoneration of responsibility for the content of those boxes not packed by the removal company.
But focusing on one moving to the Canary IslandsIt must be borne in mind that logistics must be very well planned, as external agents such as shipping companies, port handling, customs and other details that must be very well tied up, and it must be taken into account that, depending on the origin of the removal, the cost will also vary.
However, if we take as an example a removal to the Canary Islands from MadridIn the first place, it is important to know that we are talking about a big city which, in addition, has many streets of different widths and characteristics, with sometimes narrow accesses or with difficulties to park trucks near the address and, in many occasions it is necessary to ask for official permits for loading. All of this will also be considered in the estimate issued for removals with home address in Madrid, as well as aspects relating to the delivery in the Canary Islands.
Gil Stauffer is a moving company that was founded in 1905. when a small furniture repository was opened. More than a century of experience has made it the most prestigious removal company and the one most recommended by users and, although it has a reputation for offering high prices, it is not a justified reputation, as its prices are fair market prices and which are offered in all honesty. Following these assertions, we can raise some approximate rates for removals to the Canary Islands from Madrid which are briefly mentioned below, expressed in terms of cubic capacity in containersThis is the usual way of sending removals to the Canary Islands:
- 20-foot container (33 m³ cubic capacity) - Indicative price: Between 1900-2600 € : Between 1900-2600 € : Between 1900-2600 € : Between 1900-2600 €
- 40-foot container (60 m³ cubic capacity) - Indicative price: Between 3800-4900 € : Between 3800-4900 € : Between 3800-4900 € : Between 3800-4900 €
- 40 HC container (76 m³ cubic capacity) - Indicative price: Between 4500-5600 € : Between 4500-5600 € : Between 4500-5600 € : Between 4500-5600 €
However, as we have already mentioned, there are two options for deliveries to the Canary Islands: Exclusive move or combined move and prices will also vary depending on the transport option you choose..
In any case, all the factors that influence each price must always be taken into account. In particular, the origin, the cubic capacity and the type of transport. In other words, we reiterate that prices quoted are for guidance onlyA serious company will always see the material to be moved before making a specific offer for each removal and will reflect this in the estimate. official quotation all the details of the move to the Canary Islands.
There are cases in which the same volume may involve much more cost of packing and handling material and others in which, for example, if a car is included, the cost could be reduced by including less handling of household goods. The point is that each detail must be carefully reviewed in order to issue a specific estimate for each removal service.
Therefore, if you need to make a moving to the Canary Islands from Madrid or from anywhere else in the world, do not hesitate to contact Gil Stauffer. for request a quote. The estimates we issue are free and without obligation. Our attitude has always been to help our clients and offer the best service in removals and/or furniture storage services.