Tips for removals and storage
Each move is unique and requires specific treatment.
However, we provide a series of indications to facilitate their transfer and storage in furniture repositories.
We recommend that you read/print our tips for removals removals with a furniture storage service then
ADVICE ON REMOVALS AND FURNITURE STORAGE:
>> BEFORE THE REMOVAL AT THE HOME OF ORIGIN TO THE FURNITURE REPOSITORY DESTINATION
- A removal always entails a variety of steps and a change of lifebut the changes are normally positive and it is much better to take them as such.
- Plan ahead which objects will remain in storage and which ones do not.
- Contact with GIL STAUFFER as far in advance as possible and we will make a free home visit to your home in order to assess all aspects of your move to prepare a non-binding quotation for you.
- Please provide our staff with your contact detailsThe following information is required: loading and unloading addresses, active telephone numbers, as well as other relevant data that you will be asked to provide.
- It is also highly recommended to hire a insurance of full coverage to avoid unnecessary risks. In particular, if the removal includes works of art, antiques or objects that you consider to be of special value. For this purpose, you will be given a document that will facilitate the valuation of your furniture and belongings and which will be essential as a basis for your insurance policy: Valued List.
- Plan what to do with the items that are unusable or will not travel with the move.
- It is preferable that the domestic animals are also elsewhere on the date of the transfer.
- The day before the move empty the contents of appliancesRefrigerator, freezer, deep fryer, humidifiers or any other appliance containing liquids or fluids that may spill.
- Specify if there is any traffic restriction at the loading or unloading address due to a narrow street, pedestrian street, need for a parking permit, building with or without a lift, etc.
- Book your move as far in advance as possible in order to reserve the dates of service. This avoids undesirable overbookings.
- Please note that insurance companies do not take responsibility for plants.
- If there is children In the family, plan a different activity for them on moving day.
- Please also note that should not travel with the move the following items: perishables, pets, flammables, firearms, jewellery, stamps, cash or securities.
- Put in a box or separate place, everything you are going to use the next day (clothes, shoes, documents, money, jewellery, etc.) so that employees do not put them in the moving boxes.
>> DURING THE MOVE AND STAY IN THE REPOSITORY
- Carry with you the personal documents, as well as jewellery and money.
- Make sure that you are present at both the loading and unloading points. to give the appropriate instructions to our employees about the place where they will have to place each object, fragile or valuable items, etc.
- During the packagingIn order to ensure that all your belongings are packed in manila paper, bubble wrap, boxes of various sizes and wardrobe boxes depending on the type of item in question. Occasionally, custom-made wooden packaging will be used for items that require it. In addition, each package will be identified and reflected in an inventory so that it can be easily located at a later date and, finally, everything will be placed in an orderly manner in containers. storagewhich shall normally be made of wood and which shall be sealed in the presence of the customer.
- In certain cases, a furniture lift crane to load or unload the material at the respective loading and unloading locations. Especially if there is no lift.
- Once the packaging process has been completed, the sealed containers are transported to the warehouse. furniture storagewhere the furniture and belongings will be kept for the period agreed in the signed contract.
- At the end of the period of stay, the moving to the final destination of the client's belongings
- For the unpacking At the destination, the employees will remove the packaging material used, but if there are full boxes left at the customer's request, the customer can call once he has placed all his belongings at the new address and we will then proceed to collect all surplus material.
- Finally, always read the documents presented to you by the employees and sign the agreement while reflecting any anomalies you detect.
>> AFTER THE MOVE FROM THE FURNITURE REPOSITORY TO THE FINAL DESTINATION
- If the moving back to its usual place of residencefor having had their belongings in storage because of a home renovation or other reasons, in all likelihood, you will not have to make any arrangements other than those outlined above.
- But, if the removal from the furniture repository to a new homeIf you do not have a valid passport, you will have to make some arrangements, which could be as follows:
- Inform relatives, friends, neighbours and acquaintances, institutions, companies, associations, sports clubs, etc. of the change of address.
- Renew your census data.
- Renew the supply contractsgas, electricity, water, telephone, internet, television, etc.
- Renew the bank accounts.
- Update the insurance policies medical, household, vehicle, etc...
- Renew the subscriptions to newspapers and magazines.
- Manage the mail forwarding to the new address.
- Order new business cards.
- Explore your new neighbourhood and try to get acquainted with the neighbourhood early, so that you will find the right people much sooner. positive reasons that his new home and his new environment offer him.
- If you still keep a storage depot with certain items, when you need your belongings, GIL STAUFFER will be responsible for providing you with the departure of the furniture repository according to your indications and preferences.